Sadly, there are not many pictures to accompany this post. We just didn't take any. But I wanted to tell the story in my own words (then maybe convince Joseph to get on here and tell his side).
Setting the Scene: We were spending Christmas in Paradise, Utah (Joseph's house). The date: Christmas Eve
I had woken up that morning to two or three dozen love dotes written around my bedroom. They were really sweet (and personal, so you just have to take my word that they were cute notes). Right in the middle was a large jar of tostitos nacho dip, a huge favorite of Joseph and me, but especially me. I didn't know it, but Joseph was determined to make this the best day ever. Whatever I wanted to do, he was game: whichever movie, whichever game. It was a Melissa day! (everyone needs one of those now and again).
That night: Joseph had told me that going snowshoeing was a tradition of his on Christmas Eve (and what was I to do but believe him?). Secretly in my head I was hoping we weren't going showshoeing. It doesn't entirely seem like my type of fun, but I can't knock what I haven't tried. We get all our gear and head out to the mountains. I come out from behind a hill and see a long path lined with white and purple lights leading to a beautiful fire. That's when I knew we weren't showshoeing. Joseph gets out some steaming cups of hot cocoa and the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen! Then Joseph, who happens to be a fabulous poet and writer, recites a very cute and romantic poem he had written where in the end he asks me to marry him. I was crying to hard, I almost couldn't say yes (it took a few tries).
Here is the beautiful bouquet of flowers taken by my not-so-professional camera phone. I'm not sure how to rotate the image, so you'll just have to rotate your head.

And to top it off, here are some of our engagment pictures taken by our good neighbor, Stacey Heymeyer!

:o) I'd love to hear the poem!
ReplyDelete