Friday, May 20, 2011

Why I love Joseph...


So I know I may get mocked as this post being too cheesy, but I really miss and love Joseph, so I've decided to dedicate an entire post to how amazing he is.

- He's just about the hottest man on the planet (I mean have you seen his muscles? He needs permits to carry those guns around school.)

- No one is better with chilren. Our kids will have the best father. He can play, rough around, and somehow has this gift that gets the kids to do whatever he wants without him having to get mad or tell them twice. I have lots to learn from him. Maybe it's just because Joseph is a little boy at heart (and I hope that never changes!)

- He's very good at sports: swimming, basketball, golf (well, mini-golf), ultimate frisbee, hiking (I count it as a sport), running, biking, just about anything.

- He loves music just as much as I do! I'm glad I found someone who will sit at the piano with me and sing at the top of our lungs no matter how silly or off-tune we are.

- His testimony constantly lifts my own. Joseph has a consistent communication with the Lord and is very close to the spirit. His contagious love for the gospel lifts me each day.

- He's clean. I know it may be silly, but I like a clean house. Joseph's clean. It all works out well.

- He pushes me to be my best. In the mornings when I don't want to get up and exercise or when I don't have the motivation to do things i really need to do, Joseph persuades and motivates me to do so.

- He speaks Arabic. How cool is that? I want to learn some day. He sounds so intelligent with his pghlemy words and vowel-less sounds.

- He is a very hard worker. Somehow he manages to put 48 hours worth of stuff in 24 days (though sometimes his sleep is sacrificed) He somehow seems to be able to do it all.
- He cares so much about family. He is willing to make any sacrifice or do anything for his family, Neary or Crandall.

- He has high standards. I love that Joseph has the same standards as me regarding movies, church, friends, raising children, everything. It just makes life so much easier.

- He isn't scared of anything. Whether is be a ninja assasin or stampeding elephant, he will face it head on.

- He is quite the gentleman. I haven't had to open my own door or pull out my chair in a while.

- He's cheesy, and I love it! I love all the "I love you's", the "You are the best thing that ever happened to me's", and the always wonderful "you are so hott's". The notes, facebook posts, texts, and super-cute phone messages never get old.

- He's logical. I've never been one to be emotional, but compared to Joseph, I'm pretty much a nut-case. If I ever get stressed, he shows me how to step back and look at the big picture. Problems don't seem to big after that.

- We have the same sense of humor: super-awesome puns, movie quoting, and obscure allusions are our thing. Awesome!

- Service is his thing. No friend, family member, or ward member can be in need without Joseph going to help them. He also serves me all the time. Random acts of service are his speciality (notes, cleaning, cookings, flowers, etc...) It makes life much easier and brighter.

Sorry this has turned in to a long post. I'll stop here (though I could go on longer, believe me). I love you honey and can't wait to see you in a month!





2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love him too!! He is awesome just like you!!!

    Grandma Crandall

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww! I love this post. You two are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete