Here's Joseph's latest letter! I may have edited some, but I'm allowed to do that :)
You have no idea how much I have loved getting everyone's letters! At the end of the day it is a wonderful ray of sunshine that perks me up.
Today is Sunday and we have transitioned to Camp Shelby. Camp Shelby is a mock deployed base. It is still intense, but we're not in constant scrutiny as we were in Garrison at Base Maxwell. It is more laid back in some ways. We have more time to breath and bond with each other.
Okay, let me see if I can anser some of the questions in everyone's letters. I'll start with the first 9 days. A typical day started with Revellie. The CTA's start blowing whistles and screaming in the hallway. They march up and down the hall banging and pounding on the doors. We'd spring into our shoes and camelbacks then out to the hallway. There we line up, take accountability, then hurry down stairs. Outside was chaos with cadets and CTA's and officers all yelling and trying to form up. We got pretty good at it in the end :).
I'm going to skip to Camp Shelby. We flew in on a military plane (C-17) cargo plane. THat was pretty cool. Our camp is all tents. It's surrounded by guard towers. All of us walk around with paint guns. Periodically a mortor will fire and we have to find cover. I'll be here two weeks. One week well learn how to run and protect the base, then next week we'll do it on our own against them.
One quick story. I was walking to the latrine with one of my battle buddies, but I was a little ahead of him. The commodant of cadets figured I was too far away, halted me, and gave me a 341 (He wwas four feet behind me). He had another officer with him that I didn't know the name of (He was the assistant DO) so then he gave me another 341. I filled them out but fillem them out incorrectly (I hadn't filled them out before beuase I had never needed to!) So that got me another 341. It was pretty funny, 3 341's in five minutes. We've come up with a jodi that talks about getting them. It's like this:
"Talk with Captain Brewer" (repeat)
"341!" (repeat)
He gives them out like candy!
I love you and will see you soon!
ps. the PFA went great! I maxed out push-ups and sit ups, but was slow on my running. I had heat cramps for about half of it. But I still scored 99.7!
Tell everyone I love them! I got some new wrestling moves to teach Rhett...Ill teach the girls how to defend themselves.
My new call sign is Knot: becasue I'm the only one who has "Tied the Know".
No comments:
Post a Comment