Sunday, January 29, 2012

We just can't keep our mouths shut




Guess what world?! A lot of you already know this, but we're having a baby! I am not far along at all, but we just couldn't keep our mouths shut! (There also may have been some pressure from my mom who is also excited to be a first time grandma. She wants to tell the world too!) We are simply so excited!



I was especially excited to see this:



To tell my family we made onesies with a calendar of our due date (September) and mailed it off to them in good ol' AZ. (Poor Joseph just had to call his, they are all grown up and moved instead of in one place like mine).


We made two because we told my grandma the same way, not because there are two babies, just FYI.

My mom was cute as usual, and put it on a teddy bear. Apparently it took my younger siblings some time to figure it out, but I can let her tell that whole story on her blog post (which I have been informed is completely ready to post, she is just waiting for me to finish mine).
Here is my grandma opening her bear (in front of all her dietitians at her annual conference no less). She's going to be a great-grandma! Does that sound old or what? (It's ok grandma, we all know you're young on the inside)


For my other grandma, we texted her the number 24, since this baby will be the 24th great-grandchild (later it turns out we were wrong. So many pregnant people we don't know about, but that's what happens in a family of 51 grandchildren) She still was a smarty pants and figured it out right away.

So far it hasn't been too bad. I do get nauseous all the time, which is no bueno. Luckily, though, it turns out you can survive on mashed potatoes, spaghettios, and apples (which seems to be about all my stomach wants right now). I also have been EXHAUSTED; really, I fell like I have mono again. I sleep 12 hours at night, then take a nap or two during the day! But if that is all, I am not complaining. We are just so excited to have this baby here with us! 33 Weeks to go...

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is such exciting news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations from your cousins here in Lehi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! So excited for you guys! let us know if there's ANYTHING we can do for you to help! Seriously! love u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Melissa and Joseph, congratulations!!! I can't believe it! :) Hey-your baby is due on my dad's birthday :) I'm glad you're not too sick Melissa! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're super excited for you two! Hang in there! (Natalie from Church.)

    ReplyDelete