Friday, November 2, 2012

Our little girl is two months old!

I can't believe we have a two month old!  It seems like we've had her years and a day at the same time.  Time goes by so quickly (probably because all my days run together because they are so busy).  Everything looked pretty good at her two month appointment.  She's small, but growing well.  They found a small heart murmur, but they think it's benign.  We go in next week just to make sure.





Here are her two month stats:

Height: 20.5 in (4%)
Weight: 8lb 12oz (12%)
Head: 36.5 cm (8%)

She still weighs a good pound less then Joseph did when he was born.  She is finally starting to smile all the time.  I love it!  She also makes adorable cooing noises, and it sounds just like she is talking to us.  She still eats every 3 hours during the day, but it's four hour shifts at night (which is a much-welcomed adjustment after eating every 2 hours during the first month).  She's a pretty good baby and doesn't fuss much during the day.  She does have a fussy period about an hour before bedtime, but she usually goes to sleep pretty easily, so it hasn't been a big deal. She loves to stretch and does a 5 minute stretching routine every time she wakes up.  Her favorite spot to be is on her daddy's chest.  He has a way with her, and can make her go to sleep almost instantly.  She absolutely detests tummy time, so we only can do it for a few minutes at a time.  

We absolutely love being parents.  It's of course been hard, but it is worth it in every way.  Lydia brings  us so much joy.  My favorite thing is to hold her while she's smiling and awake, or sing her to sleep.  I love watching her sleep with her completely content look on her face.  She's especially comforting in times of emotional distress.  Joseph's favorite thing is to put her to sleep on his chest. I can't wait until she grows more interactive.  




The Neary household has been a busy one.  We are both full-time students, Joseph works two jobs, and we have a newborn.  Our life is scheduled down to the minute is seems, but we're still thriving.  The Lord has blessed me so much.  I really only had bad hormones, etc... for the first two weeks, then they left and I've felt pretty normal emotionally.  Having classes online has really helped.  Luckily, too, Lydia is a good baby, so we have been blessed in that way.  Family support has been amazing.  Both of our families live close, and they have come out and helped.  Kathryn will usually babysit for us too (if we bribe her with cookies or taking her to Walmart).  Also, I've start exercising again (which is very difficult after bed rest and a c-section let me tell you) but it has relieved so much stress.  I didn't realize how much I loved getting sweaty, breathing hard, and having sore muscles.  We are both training for a half-marathon in April.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment