Over the last year she has:
-Started saying lots and lots of words. Most of them are based on food or family (she takes after her parents). She'll surprise me every day by what she is able to say and understand. She is a real chatterbox, but only about 1/4 of all her sentences are understandable. She will talk to you all day. Heaven help us when she is a teenager!
-She is incredibly active and coordinated. I'm glad she got Joseph's genes in that area. She will climb up anything such as shelves, ladders, tables, cupboards, slides, everything at the park, whatever is within her reach. We joke that she will be an excellent gymnast only because she knows how to fall so well! I wish I had that natural ability, haha. The only downside is we don't get to cuddle often.
-She is definitely a daddy's girl. Every alert it's "Where Daddy?" over and over again. And when dad is home, he is quite the favorite. I'm glad she loves him so much.
-Lydia is the cutest big sister! She feeds Hyrum his bottle and whatever food is on her tray, she will sing to him, dance with him, laugh with him, and they'll have screaming contests together to see who can yell louder or longer (which mom loves, haha). She's quick to help him when he falls, and will even read him books in bed. I wish all my kids were as close as they two are!
-Ever since we taught her animal sounds, she makes them all day. It helps that on base we are surrounded by wildlife. She's got them down pretty well, except for the antelope which still says "ruff ruff", but what sound does an antelope make really? That's a tough one even for mom.
-Lydia's favorite foods are bananas, cheese, "fishies" (goldfish), cheese, any fruit, cheese, cereal, milk, and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment