Monday, May 7, 2012

Pregnancy Update



I know it has been a very long time since I posted, but we just finished up finals so hopefully posts will be more frequent in the future!

We're halfway there!  20 weeks baby! 

This was me at 17 weeks
You may have heard...we found out it was a girl! We asked the technician if she was sure, and she said she'd bet her irish gold on it. If there's irish gold involved...we know she must be pretty certain. (We have proof, but you'll just have to take my word for it). I have another ultrasound on Tuesday! (which also happens to be my birthday, woot!), and we'll confirm then that it really is a little Lydia (that's that we want to name her).

Here is her little face! Isn't it adorable! (in it's no fat, kinda skeletor almost closer to a dinosaur embryo sort of way).


And her little feetsies. I was sort of amazed that they looked just like my xrays did. She's human! (that's always a relief).


 We LOVE this little girl already, and can't wait for her to join our family!

For future reference (when I'm in another pregnancy and can't remember) I was sick since six weeks. It dissipated around 12 weeks, then came back with a vengeance (think throwing up 2-6 times a day). Then it was another two weeks off at 18 weeks, and now it's back on again.  We'll see how it goes...

This is Joseph piping in. Melissa has been such a trooper through all of this. I am really proud of her in all that she has done and gone through for our little Lydia. It makes me love her all the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment