Friday, May 10, 2013

We Finally Did it!

So after four years and a lot of sweat and tears...We have graduated!

Yay class of 2013!


These past four years have been challenging and very fulfilling. I feel that we have grown so much! The last three semesters were especially difficult with Joseph working two jobs and my two pregnancies, which incudes the birth of our beautiful little Lydia.  There were a few times I wasn't quite sure we would make it, but it turns out we can do hard things!  I'm actually really, really proud of what we have accomplished and I consider it one of the highlights of our lives thus far.  It was immensely difficult, and took a lot of courage and sacrifice.  I knew I would forever regret not getting it done now, so now was the only option.

 (Yay victory bell!)

Obviously we couldn't have done this on our own.  Here is a big thank you to our families, especially my mom and Kathryn who were our go-to babysitters for Lydia when we desperately needed a break.  


WE DID IT!

The same day as graduation was Joseph's commissioning into the Air Force as a 2nd Lieutenant.  I am so proud of all the hard work he did in ROTC these last four years, and we are excited for our adventure to come!  Great job honey!

Colonel Kucharek (below) with Joseph's official commissioning certificate.




Joseph's mission president, Ron Godfrey, gave Joseph his first salute.  Jim Moss, also from Joseph's mission, administered the oath of office.  We are so grateful for these wonderful people traveling very far (Moss's from Tennessee and the Godfrey's from North Logan) to support Joseph.


And of course there were our families:



We are so excited to close this chapter of our life, and continue into a new one (and excited to be making four times as much as we have been living on the last two years.  Wahoo!)

You may notice a lack of Lydia pictures.  She was asleep during every picture taking moment, but you can take it from me that she was there.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations guys!!! You're right - you will NEVER regret that you did it now - especially now that it's over! ;)

    ReplyDelete