It’s about time I updated the blog. It’s going to be long; I apologize. You don’t have to read all of it. I won’t be offended, really. Also I am doing this from my phone so that explains the bad pictures. Sorry!
We are currently here in Lompoc, California doing missile training at Vandenberg, AFB. For those of you who don’t know where that is, look at a map, find Santa Barbra, go up half an inch in the middle of nowhere and that’s us. Luckily we have Santa Maria 30 minutes to the north so I can still get my Target and Costco fix in.
We are currently here in Lompoc, California doing missile training at Vandenberg, AFB. For those of you who don’t know where that is, look at a map, find Santa Barbra, go up half an inch in the middle of nowhere and that’s us. Luckily we have Santa Maria 30 minutes to the north so I can still get my Target and Costco fix in.
I have a confession to make; I was really nervous about going into the “actual” Air Force as compared to ROTC. I liked ROTC a lot, but was unsure about what real life would be like. (I had a lot of prejudices against the military) Turns out I love the Air Force. (If only the me from two years ago could hear that. I’d probably faint). It turns out I’m just a worrier, and then none of my worries actually play out. I have already met so many incredible people, I really like the military culture, the pay is great (for officers at least), and so far the training and hours have been quite manageable. Before, Joseph was doing work and school, so now that it is just work I get to see him a lot more often. We are seriously considering making this a career, but we’ll see what the next 5 years brings.
The ward here is FANTASTIC. I have never felt so welcome to a ward in my life. The people are great, but most of all we love our callings. Joseph is a Sunday School teacher (a religious teacher of the 12 to 14 year olds), and Young Men’s President! I have never seen him take to a calling quite like he has recently. It’s all he talks about: the activities he wants to do and he tells me all about the young men and how he wants to help them. Seriously, this man was born to raise teenagers (which is great news for our kids in about 12 years. Watch out). I am primary chorister, which I also have really taken to. I’ve never been that great at teaching, but teaching music is an entirely different story. The kids are so much fun to work with. I have never been more grateful to live in a day and age of Pinterest.
Lydia is growing up so cute. She turns one next month! She is normal height (40th percentile), but coming in small on the weight size at a whole 16.5 pounds (7th percentile). We have a tall skinny baby here. It’s actually been a bit of a problem when it comes to pants because they’re all either too wide or too short, so we stick to dresses and shorts. She’s had an issue with solids, meaning when we moved she stopped eating them all together, but after a rough few weeks I think we’re finally back where she should be. Oh parenting problems. Hyrum is growing nice and strong too. He is set to arrive is just over 3 months! I really can’t wait to meet him, and I am just as excited for this baby as I was with Lydia. Because they’re so close together, I don’t actually have to get much anything ready. The crib is up, the nursery is already done, and we have all the baby essentials. The only things we need are clothes (as in he doesn’t have any yet). So if there’s anyone in CA or UT (I’ll be there in August) who has any extra baby boy clothes, we will gladly take them off your hands.
This pregnancy has been almost night and day different from Lydia. I haven’t been sick, I haven’t gained as much weight, I hold the weight differently, my skin hasn’t gone off the deep end, and things just are better overall. Plus the weather here in California is perfect for anyone who is pregnant. It is between 55-75 degrees literally all of the time. If I could have every pregnancy here I would.
That pretty much sums up our lives right now. The overall theme is we are extremely blessed and happy to be where we are right now. The days haven’t been without their hard times and new trials, but really things are going well. We can’t wait to see what the future brings!
The ward here is FANTASTIC. I have never felt so welcome to a ward in my life. The people are great, but most of all we love our callings. Joseph is a Sunday School teacher (a religious teacher of the 12 to 14 year olds), and Young Men’s President! I have never seen him take to a calling quite like he has recently. It’s all he talks about: the activities he wants to do and he tells me all about the young men and how he wants to help them. Seriously, this man was born to raise teenagers (which is great news for our kids in about 12 years. Watch out). I am primary chorister, which I also have really taken to. I’ve never been that great at teaching, but teaching music is an entirely different story. The kids are so much fun to work with. I have never been more grateful to live in a day and age of Pinterest.
Lydia is growing up so cute. She turns one next month! She is normal height (40th percentile), but coming in small on the weight size at a whole 16.5 pounds (7th percentile). We have a tall skinny baby here. It’s actually been a bit of a problem when it comes to pants because they’re all either too wide or too short, so we stick to dresses and shorts. She’s had an issue with solids, meaning when we moved she stopped eating them all together, but after a rough few weeks I think we’re finally back where she should be. Oh parenting problems. Hyrum is growing nice and strong too. He is set to arrive is just over 3 months! I really can’t wait to meet him, and I am just as excited for this baby as I was with Lydia. Because they’re so close together, I don’t actually have to get much anything ready. The crib is up, the nursery is already done, and we have all the baby essentials. The only things we need are clothes (as in he doesn’t have any yet). So if there’s anyone in CA or UT (I’ll be there in August) who has any extra baby boy clothes, we will gladly take them off your hands.
This pregnancy has been almost night and day different from Lydia. I haven’t been sick, I haven’t gained as much weight, I hold the weight differently, my skin hasn’t gone off the deep end, and things just are better overall. Plus the weather here in California is perfect for anyone who is pregnant. It is between 55-75 degrees literally all of the time. If I could have every pregnancy here I would.
That pretty much sums up our lives right now. The overall theme is we are extremely blessed and happy to be where we are right now. The days haven’t been without their hard times and new trials, but really things are going well. We can’t wait to see what the future brings!
I am so glad to hear you are all doing so well. It made my day to see that smiley baby face!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little girl! I'm glad you guys are enjoying California! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been great getting to know you and I look forward to more!
ReplyDelete