I can’t believe our little girl turns one tomorrow! (I’m writing this today since tomorrow Joseph is off work and we will be partying!). It was exactly a year ago today that I got a call from my doctor that the labs they had run at my 36 week appointment came back looking dangerous. An hour later I was in labor and delivery getting induced. 24 hours and a c-section later we had a beautiful daughter! My life has forever been changed.
A year ago I never thought I would make it today because making it a year means I somehow made it through two semesters of school (which seemed impossible at the time), graduated, and we were officially in the Air Force! Little did we know we would be just weeks away from having our second child. It certainly hasn’t been an easy year, but it has been so fulfilling!
Lydia brings us more joy than anything I could try describing with mere words. She is the light in our lives. Seeing her grow, learn, and develop has been so incredible.
A little bit about Lydia: She weighs about 18 pounds (I’ll know precisely at our appointment next week, then I’ll update with her measurements). Her favorite thing in the world is her daddy. She will wait at the door for him to come home, give him the biggest smile in the world, and then not let him put her down until it’s time for bed. It’s so cute!
Her favorite foods are goldfishies and cheese sticks. She’s walking a bit (just a few steps at a time). Her record right now is seven steps in a row, so it can’t be long until she gets it down. She normally has a very relaxed and sweet disposition. She will sit calmly in my lap for the entire duration of a movie together.
Her favorite thing to sleep with is her stuffed broccoli (Thanks Laura!) It’s actually pretty funny because the thing is bigger than she is. She loves to talk, and she’s very good at mimicking the sounds we make. Many people will think she’s actually talking because she’s so good at copying, but we’re pretty sure she has no idea what she’s saying. Today we are officially moving her into her “big girl” bed in preparation for Hyrum’s arrival. We’ll see how it goes…
We love you Lydia and can’t wait for the year ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment