We made it to 29 weeks! Every week that passes by I count as a solid victory. Luckily this week was uneventful. Besides the routine OB visits, I just stayed at home on bed rest. There were no blood pressure scares and my protein levels haven’t gone up. All the prayers and fasting must be working. I’m trying really hard to be a good little bed rest mama so I don’t cause something to go wrong. I couldn’t live with myself knowing I did something deliberate to hurt my child.
I feel like Lydia is handling things well. She mostly plays with her toys all day, and we watch veggietales together. I’m hoping these few months of little outside interaction won’t permanently harm her development. My mom has assured me I’m just being paranoid.
Random story (Please don’t judge!). I’m not sure whether I should laugh or be mortified. Right now it’s towards the latter. I’m sure I’ll laugh at it one day. We were at an Air Force function. Joseph and I were talking with some couples and letting Lydia crawl around with the other babies. Before we know it, she’s climbed up to the table, and is reaching for someone’s cup. Before we can stop her she takes a drink, spilling some on her. It turns out the cup was full of beer! I felt AWFUL and TERRIBLE and like the WORST mother ever. Truthfully it will take me a while to get over the fact that I let my daughter have beer. Everyone else just laughed. I will too…someday.
Thanks everyone for all your prayers on our behalf. We have felt their power and know that the Lord is helping us so much right now. Here is a big thank you to our ward too for bringing us meals every day this week! You guys are amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment