I’m blogging from my phone again, so all the pictures are at the bottom of the post. Sorry!
Lydia’s first birthday was pretty laid back. With me on bed rest and Joseph in intense training, we didn’t have a huge party. We mostly made the day all about Lydia: we opened presents (all clothes), went out to lunch at McDonalds, and then had a few friends over while Lydia dug into her birthday cake. It was just a simple family day.
Now for a pregnancy update: We’ve made it to 32 weeks! A month ago when I was first put on bed rest, I never thought I would make it this far, but here we are! Every time I go to my doctor, she’s amazed I’ve made it this far too. She thinks I’m just lucky, but we all know better. It’s all the prayers and fasting on Hyrum and my’s behalf. The doctor’s decided that the latest they will let me carry Hyrum is 37 weeks. At that point she feels it is safer and healthier to have him out of me rather than in me because of the strain I’m putting on his development. October 11th is our scheduled C-section.
I really wanted to go VBAC, but the nearest hospital with the required capabilities is over an hour away and it would put a lot of unnecessary health risks on Hyrum right now, so we opted for a repeat C-section. I love the fact that I can plan and prepare for his arrival, but I really am not looking forward to all the pain. My OB assures me that a scheduled C-section is a different experience entirely than the emergency C-section after 24 hours of labor I had with Lydia. Is anyone else able to vouch for her claims? I’ll just have to see for myself.
I’m still on bed rest for now, because apparently it’s working. My doctor still thinks I won’t make it until October, but that’s our goal for now. That does mean another five weeks on bed rest (no fun!), but it means no NICU for Hyrum! I’ll take that over being lonely and bored at home any day.
I’m still on bed rest for now, because apparently it’s working. My doctor still thinks I won’t make it until October, but that’s our goal for now. That does mean another five weeks on bed rest (no fun!), but it means no NICU for Hyrum! I’ll take that over being lonely and bored at home any day.
If anyone in California is ever wanting to, feel free to come and visit us! We don’t get out often and I would love to have some adult interaction (as much as I love talking to Lydia all day). Thanks again to everyone’s faith, prayers, and service on our behalf. We know that is why Hyrum and doing so well, and we couldn’t be more appreciative!
No comments:
Post a Comment