- I've lost forty pounds: That's a huge one! I want to post a before and after picture, but not until I hit my goal weight, which should happen this month. It's amazing how much easier it is to lose weight when I don't binge on junk food or sugar.
- My skin has never been clearer: I've always struggled with acne and psoriasis, and now my face is completely clear. I haven't had this clear of skin ever! I still have some psoriasis spots on my body, but I know that is due to hormones (it gets way worse for me with pregnancy/nursing) so I think once I stop nursing Hyrum those will go away too.
- I have the most energy and stamina I've ever had. Really, I mean EVER! Even though Hyrum wakes up several times a night, and Lydia does once or twice too, I haven't had to take a nap in months. The old me has to take at least one a day, and I would be exhausted by the time night came. Joseph even mentioned the other day that he had never seen me this energetic and outgoing ever (so in the last four years). Little did I know I was holding the best me back from my husband and children by eating bad food!
- I haven't been sick in a really long time. Joint pains, nausea, headaches, etc... were just sort of part of my life and they I never realized how big a part of my life until they were gone. It's nice to not feel sick after eating or waking up sick or with a headache because I ate something bad the day before. I feel good almost all the time!
- I've never been happier. My mood and emotions have been so much easier to control since I changed my diet. Even things like PMS and such are almost non-existent. I am a much better wife and mother now, and I have a lot more patience.
Really this is the best, happiest, and healthiest I have felt in years, if not ever. My original goal was to go a year without refined sugars, but now that I've seen what my life and body can be like without it, I don't think I could ever live with myself if I went back. I don't think I'll eat refined sugar for the rest of my life. It is just not worth it. If this is what it takes to be happy, have energy, stay fit, not suffer from psoriasis and arthritis, etc..., well it is a very small price to pay. This has easily been one of the best decisions I have ever made, and every single day I am glad I started four months ago. Here's to a happy, healthy life!
Thats so cool! I really want to try to cause I pretty much am so tired all the time. I hurt all the time my stomach hurts all the time. Pretty much everything you said you had going on :) I will let you know if It helps me too!
ReplyDelete