Friday, February 28, 2014

Lydia: 18 Months

I feel bad that it's been so long since I've updated on my children.  Life has been busy and full of good things, but eighteen months seemed like enough of a milestone that I should write about it.

Lydia is so sweet.  She loves to play, cuddle, run, laugh, talk, jump, throw, sing, pound on the piano, pretty much anything that doesn't involved sitting down.  She's still quite small (about 20 pounds) but what she lacks in size she makes up in personality.  She absolutely loves Hyrum and will hug (squish) him any chance she gets.  She laughs and runs up to him whenever he wakes up from a nap.  It's so cute!  I hope because they are so close together, they will be best friends.

Joseph and I counted the other day and she can say around 30-40 words.  Her vocabulary has boomed this past month!  Some of her favorites include:


  • Hi/Bye
  • Thank You/Please
  • All Done
  • Who is it?
  • What is it?
  • Where is it? (luckily she has not learned how to say "Why" yet, or we wouldn't end with the questions)
  • Mommy/Daddy/Baby (she still has trouble with "Hyrum")
  • One, Two, Three
  • Ball
  • Cheese
  • Bread
  • Let's Go! (She gets impatient sometime)
  • Hot!
  • Uh-Oh (She says this A Lot)
  • I love you
  • Prayer (She'll fold her arms and announce "Prayer!" usually when she's hungry)
  • Here you go
  • Let it go (usually in a sing-songy voice.  We can tell she's trying to sing the song from "Frozen", haha)
  • Grandma/Grandpa
  • Yay!

I can't wait to see what this little darling does with her life.  She brings Joseph and I so much joy, and I simply could not imagine our life without her.


Don't take any more pictures mom!
(This is often her response when I pull out the camera)


Make believe at the Wyoming State Museum



I love my brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment