In good news, though, after lots of prayer and fasting and soul searching, we have decided our family is not complete, and are now pursuing adoption through LDS Family Services. We are really excited about it, and feel like this will be a great step for our family. It is very, very overwhelming (so much paperwork!), not to mention emotional, but we feel like it is where we need to be going. We won't actually be eligible to adopt for several months, but in the meantime feel free to spread the word on our behalf. We're working on an adoption blog now, which will hopefully be up and running soon. We want another beautiful child to join our family!
Friday, March 28, 2014
Infertility and Adoption
Sometimes the Lord must really think you need to grow, or that you're not depending on him enough, or that a life-changing challenge would be really good right now. These past few weeks have been such a time. After having several follow ups after the last pregnancy and all the medical issues, it turns out we are unable to have any more children. (If you want all the medical mumbo jumbo, feel free to ask me about it. It's kind of a long story.) For a lot of people after two kids that would be no big deal. For me, however, it seems that the Lord specialized this trial. I could have handled a lot of other things much better, but that wouldn't help me grow, now would it? It's been an emotional time, full of ups and downs. It's true that I already have two beautiful, wonderful children and that at least I wasn't trying for years before finding out we couldn't have any more children. But that doesn't means it's not still painful and hard. Hopefully soon I'll stop feeling sorry for myself when I see a pregnant woman or when I see a newborn baby, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im so sorry to hear that, but you guys will be great adoptive parents. What a blessing it will be to be able to adopt a child who needs a family. My prayers are with you guys!
ReplyDelete