So
we are on our way with the adoption process. Adoption with LDS Family Services here in Wyoming is
different though. It turns out
they don’t actually approve adoption in Wyoming since there wasn’t enough of a
demand to warrant the licensing. (Only five couples in the last
seven years have adopted from Wyoming.)
So we actually have to go through a different Catholic agency here in
Cheyenne to get approved. Once we are, LDSFS will put our profile up on the
LDSFS website, and we’ll also be on the Catholic agency website here in
Cheyenne. The good news is that
we’ll have more exposure to potential birth parents since we’ll be on two
websites, but unfortunately our adoption just got a whole lot more
expensive. Sigh But we felt again that this is what we are supposed to do, so
we’re jus trying to save money in any way we can. (It’s a good thing we bought our cruise and plane tickets
for our vacation next month a long time ago. It will be our last for a while, haha). It’s also good because the Catholic
agency doesn’t have an age limit on the children, so we are able to be approved
as soon as we finish the paper work!
We don’t have to wait until Hyrum is one. It’s a bit stressful, but exciting. We are putting all our trust in the
Lord!
I
want to get in the habit of updating more since potential birthparents will be
hopefully checking out our blog. I
feel like I’m dating again. We
want our family to appear real, but show our best selves. We want people to really get to know us
so they can tell if we are a good fit or not. It’s kind of a pressure situation being judged on our
appearance, parenting skills, values, etc… Someone out there has to like us! If anyone has any suggestions for the blog, I’d love to hear
it! I’m planning on redoing the
layout, etc… in the near future, but for now I will just keep posting about our
family, even the mundane things.
Sometimes the littlest events are the most important.
In the meantime enjoy some pictures from my phone.
I heard Lydia crying in the other room when she was supposed to be taking a nap. I go in to check on her and she had gotten her leg stuck in the bed. Of course I take a picture before I save her!
Our chunky monkey turns 6 months this week!




No comments:
Post a Comment