Sunday, July 24, 2016

Adoption Finalization


After three follow-up home studies, 7 months, and a junk load of money, we were able to officially finalize Brooke and Millie's adoption.


I splurged and bought the girls some new cute outfits (which I literally almost never do. Our poor children will always be in used clothing, ha).  This was a special day, indeed!



Everyone at the court houses, including our judge and attorney, were incredibly kind and happy about the whole experience.  Apparently in court, the cases are typically difficult, so when a happy adoption one came along, they were all too willing to be excited for us.

Our judge (I wish I had caught his name, darn it!) simply asked if we still wanted to adopt the girls (Duh!), offered to Lydia and Hyrum to make an amendment in the adoption decree that we would be legally bound to offer cookies and milk every Wednesday, and then signed the final adoption decree.  And we were done.  The entire case took about five minutes.


Our attorney, Doug Bailey, was fantastic.


Our good friends the Hignights also joined us as child holders and pictures takers :)

As a follow up, just two days ago (four months after finalization) we finally received the girls' birth certificates and can apply for social security cards.  If you ever want to get me off on a rant about government bureaucracy, ask me about that process.





No comments:

Post a Comment