There's so much I want to write about and remember, so I will start with the most recent.
We welcomed our precious baby Ruth Anna Neary on July 1st at 8:14AM weighing in at 7lb 5.6oz at 37 weeks.
At 35 weeks I got a massive headache and was seeing spots; symptoms that, unfortunately, I was far too familiar with. After a blood pressure check I was admitted to the hospital for pre-eclampsia. Medicine and steroid shots were started right away as we waited for lab results to come back.
My 24 hour urine content was off the charts! The most the hospital had ever seen, in fact. (9.2g if anyone was wondering) But my liver and kidneys were still holding up strong, and my blood pressure was able to be stabilized. I was sent home a few days later (at 36 weeks) on strict bed rest with daily check ups and a c-section scheduled at 37 weeks if I should make it that far.
One last baby bump pic the night before c-section
We arrived bright and early Friday morning, checking in with a blood pressure of 190/100 (yay!), so they got to delivery pretty quickly. I'll be truthful and say I totally hate c-sections, especially c-sections with gross medicines, vomiting, and dumb reactions to narcotics. The only thing getting me through was that beautiful baby at the end.
And boy was she worth it!
(This is Joseph's absolute favorite picture, haha)
Having five children has definitely been an adjustment, especially now that it's almost a month later and all the family is gone and Joseph's paternity leave used up. Some days I'll feel like a supermom, and a lot others we just barely survive through the day. In my defense, I felt this way with all my children, even when we only had one, and we always figure it out. The first two months are always the hardest :)
I wouldn't change how it worked out for anything, though. All five of our babies are miracles in one way or another, and I thank God every day that I get the privilege to be their mother!











You are awesome! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete