Archery. Joseph was just half a centimeter off from winning the creamery ice cream. He was disappointed, but I still think he was amazing!
The ropes course. I was glad I had the pregnancy excuse to not attempt it because it was very difficult. Joseph even had a hard time getting up, and he's an in-shape 24 year old male. Amazingly enough my dad, Kathryn, Camille, Allyson, and Brianne made it up. I was most proud of Allyson because she's terrified of heights and did it anyway! Dad said he only made it because his entire family was watching, and he couldn't give up in front of them. Yay peer pressure!
Lots of bocce ball. Turns out Savanna is the best bocce ball player in our family, and luckily she was on my team. Sometimes that little 8 year old (now 9 years old) surprises me.
Luck was on my side on "frontier" night, a night filled with cowboy fun and games. Turns out I'm a pretty good knife thrower, cow rangler, and tomahawk thrower.
Joseph was pretty good too. (Melissa is a better "Cowboy" than I am!)
The adults did paintball (once again, pregnancy was the reason I couldn't). Joseph came back with some pretty good welts from his cousins and uncles. (But I gave them more!)
These pellet guns were horrible shots, but luckily they gave out prizes based on consistency, not accuracy. Joseph was by far the best out of the two of us (surprise, surprise).
He also stuck three of the four tomahawks. We decided if we were ever attacked by bandits, Joseph could successfully get 75% of them with tomahawks.
This game was pretty fun. They shot balloons out of a slingshot and everyone tried to catch them. For every balloon caught that didn't pop, you got a free soda at the lodge. Turns out it was a lot more difficult than it originally looked, and we didn't catch a single one.
Joseph swears this balloon was military grade industrial because it wouldn't pop no matter what anyone did. It lasted a good 3 or 4 rounds of men trying to pop it with the whip.
I wish I had gotten pictures of everything else: the family games, the pool, the good food, the kids performing their skits with their age groups, our awesome lodge (that slept all 35 of the Crandalls), the badminton court, shuffle board, the basketball and volleyball tournaments, horseshoes, the crafts cabin, and so much more. I can't wait to go back for another reunion!









Oh yes, first one to post a comment! Melissa you are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe best part of Aspen Grove is the dinner bell rings every five minutes and in between you can buy ice cream.
ReplyDelete