Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Non-Stress Test

Well it was all good news today!  I've still been having contractions, so my OB scheduled a non-stress test to make sure they weren't having an effect on the baby, and that the placenta was working well.  First we had an ultrasound to make sure the baby had enough amniotic fluid.  Though I don't necessarily like the circumstances for the ultrasound, I liked being able to see her for the first time since 20 weeks!  She looks great, all the right body parts, and was in the perfect range for fluid.  She responded to the test exactly like she was supposed to.  Her heart rate went up when she moved, it doesn't drop when I have a contractions, and her resting heart rate was in the perfect range.  What a relief!  Towards the end she was getting so fed up with the monitors that all she did was kick it over and over again.

The contractions have definitely gone down since being on bed rest, which makes me happy.  Maybe I can make it to modified bed rest in a few days time :)  In the meantime I have a very kind neighbor who  has quite the extensive movie and book collection.  She is saving me from boredom.  Thank you!!

The Lord is sure answering our prayers!  Here's to making it to 37 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! Good news at doctor appointments is so wonderful. Pretty soon she'll be here and you'll be typing this stuff one handed... like I'm doing right now!

    ReplyDelete