So Lydia and I have an agreement. I agree to rest, she agrees to stay in her comfy utero-home for at least three more weeks. Yesterday my OB told me she'd like me to make it until 37 weeks. 37 weeks! That's an entire month on bed rest. I'll personally be satisfied by 36 weeks. If anyone has any ideas for good movies/shows/easy sewing projects, I'd love to hear them :) As for bed rest, I'm only on full bed rest for the immediate future. If the contractions stay away for a week or so while I'm resting, then the OB said she'll move me to modified bed rest. Right now I'm allowed up to get food, and to use the bathroom, but that's about it.
Joseph made me an awesome little set-up on the pull-out couch in our front room so that I wasn't stuck in our smaller, dark bedroom. There's probably half a dozen pillows on there, including my awesome maternity pillow.
This is my incredibly fashionable bed-rest outfit (don't judge). They're actually Joseph's pajama pants, but oh my are they comfortable. Here's my 33 week picture!
Overall it hasn't been too bad thus far. I'm going to attempt to make a BYU baby hat today. If it actually works I'll blog it tomorrow :)
Good luck! You'll make it!
ReplyDeleteThe more pillows, the better.
See if you can rent/check out from the library some Masterpiece Theater/BBC movies. The Jane Austen ones like Emma and Sense and Sensibility are fantastic. Jane Eyre is great too. Don't forget Pride and Prejudice. All these movies are 3+ hours long (Pride and Prejudice is 6!) and the BBC version is wonderful!
here are some links to a bunch of internet pages with various crafts/sewing/crochet projects that are out there and you could do from your cozy spot on the couch. If anything, hopefully they'll give you some ideas to keep you busy! Good luck!
ReplyDeletehttp://lauri-nananews.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-25-bean-bags.html
http://ribbonflowers.blogspot.com.au/2009/01/how-to-make-5-petal-ribbon-flower.html
http://www.duitang.com/people/mblog/16936023/detail/
http://news.holidash.com//2010/04/23/mothers-day-corsage/
http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2011/12/mini-scalloped-felt-flowers.html
http://www.craftsy.com/project/view/Newborn-Caps---Baby-Hats/1301
http://www.motherearthnews.com/do-it-yourself/no-sew-braided-rug-handmade-zmaz79zsch.aspx
http://thecraftingchicks.com/2009/08/industrial-strength-jewelry.html
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84227693/boho-leather-wrap-bracelet-country-girl
http://taysrocha.blogspot.com/2011/11/button-art-mais-inspiracoes-com-botoes.html