Sometimes it's just one of those days. You know, the days where contractions keep you up from 12am-5am and then wake you up at 8 again, the days where you keep throwing up from the pain, the days where you are just tired and discouraged. Those are the days when you have to remember "this too shall pass". I get a lot of help from here (for comfort) and here (for laughs) and a box of pineapple sherbet in the freezer. Our baby's still in there, and I guess that's all I really care about, right?
In other news, I tried to make a baby hat. I turned out awesome except for the fact that I grossly overestimated the size, and it will instead be fitting me. I plan on making her a matching one today.
There was a project runway marathon on TV yesterday, wahoo! I never had watched that show up until now, but I've decided I really like it. There's something about very talented but weird people doing awesome challenges that I just enjoy. Plus from what I've seen the show has a lot less drama than other reality TV shows I've been introduced to. Now I'm regretting dropping that sewing class last semester...
Today is just going to be relaxing and making up for lost sleep if these contractions ever stop. Feel free to stop by if you're bored! Oh and if anyone has any tips for making contractions hurt less, I'm all ears.
Contractions will be contractions...no help there...except for at the hospital. Epidurals come HIGHLY recommended. ha.
ReplyDeleteJust because it will pass doesn't mean that it's horribly hard and painful and discouraging and frustrating right now. Know that YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS and that you're doing them and that they are making you stronger, even when you feel like falling apart.
And then, remember that your little girl is MORE than worth it...